28/12/2009

Merry Late Christmas!!!


Christmas is a hectic time of the year, period. For me the lead up is more about mental preparation rather than anything else. At our house come Christmas eve, the carols are blaring from the television, decorations are being hung in a desperate attempt to make the space appear more 'Christmassy', presents are being secretively wrapped in bedrooms and a copious amount of fresh produce is still sitting in the fridge waiting to be peeled, sliced, diced and roasted. We've taken the concept of 'last-minute preparation' and stretched it to it's limit. We all complain when mum's stayed up til 2am cleaning, but when i think about it, there would be something extremely wrong if we didn't do Christmas like this every year. Anyway, as per usual, the day ended up being a joyous occasion with a couple of bottles of moet popped open, the freshest prawns I've ever tasted, Nanna, Mum and I cooking away in the kitchen and my personal favourite, the 'after lunch siesta' (this year occuring during lunch for me haha). I would give you a full run down of the menu but it would end up taking up unnecessary space on the page...However, I will be taking requests to post if your heart so desires.

I will be starting a new blog come 2010 called 'Croon' which will be focused on my ever-growing passion for cooking, wining (I don't even think that's a word in this context) and fine dining...I'll probably end up throwing in some music aswell considering that's an equal first love. As for An Extraordinary Account, I'm going to turn this into a blog purely for outfit posts and a few eds here and there. It will be sporadic (story of my life) but I'm hoping that with a job and a bit of forward planning things will go the way I want them to!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
What are your plans for NYE?

xx
ELB


Me drinking the best snow cone of my life at Hugoslounge in Kings Cross. Pre-fringe (which I got five days ago...will post a picture when I get around to it)

2 comments:

harps said...

I want to see the fringe! and I want a snow-cone :(

Raji said...

Hope you had a wonderful christmas and new years :)
You look lovely
New blog sounds excitingg

 

yasmin lawsuit